|Position: Business Development Assistant Director|
|Report to：site GM|
|Location：Shanghai||Date: May 14, 2018|
Leads the business development activities to find and cultivate client business opportunities that result in increasing revenue for WuXi AppTec in the area of Cell and Gene Therapy manufacturing.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for growing revenue in the Cell & Gene manufacturing business unit.
· Generates leads and closes business for autologous and allogeneic cell therapy, whole cell vaccine projects, gene-mediated cell therapy and gene therapy manufacturing programs in Philadelphia.
· Represents the company and interacts with clients either at the client’s site or at a WuXi AppTec facility during client visits, and also at tradeshows/conferences.
· Effectively communicate features and benefits and capabilities of WuXi AppTec’s manufacturing services and other associated services.
· Follows up on all leads either generated personally, via internal/inside sales, regional account managers or senior management.
· Collects and disseminates accurate and complete information from clients to internal technical staff to understand the scope of work.
· Writes and develops proposals and contract templates. Works with operational staff to define project scope and combine with existing capabilities to generate the scope of work and provide timely price quotations/proposals.
· Assists in reviewing, writing and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
· Along with Sales Management, leads in directing the inside sales prospecting efforts.
· Follows up on quotations for purposes of both gathering client feedback and expediting client decisions.
· Completes paper work (i.e., sales/call reports, quote requests, and expense reports) and updates Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool in a timely manner.
· Maintains up to date knowledge of the cell and gene therapy fields/industries, technical and regulatory aspects as it relates to the position and the CMO competitive landscape.
· Provide support and leadership to strategic initiatives in support of the biologics services business as needed.
· Perform research and develop market analysis or presentations on the business unit or service areas as requested by management.
· Performs special projects and other duties as required.
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties as assigned
- May be required to assist in other departments
Job Requirements: Experience / Education
- 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing/Business or Life Sciences required, Masters’ preferred or equivalent experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the CMO & biotech/biologics industries.
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple opportunities and projects
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal
- Ability to receive and comprehend and to effectively communicate detailed scientific and business information through verbal and written communication.
- Understanding and familiar use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal
- Ability to work effectively with customers and internal
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)