Job ID 2019-4767
- Responsible for co-developing global platforms with US PD organization with a current focus on 3D platforms and viral vectors for our Advanced Therapies business.
- Current key areas of focus our bioreactors and cell line development
- Current focus on developing AAV and lenti platforms
- Leads team to implement these platforms
- Partners with US PD and the VP of Process and Technology Development in the US
- Build out organization and organization skills so Global PD team can work directly with global customers.
- Attend scientific conferences and represents WuXi to potential clients where appropriate.
- Stays current on technologies to help maintain the organization’s long-term competitive position and profitability.
Working location: Shanghai, China
- Responsible for developing AAV platforms that can be licensed to customers for royalties and milestone payments
- Responsible for helping to develop global 3D platforms and vector platforms that will help us provide commercial scale production to customers, and more cost effective production for customers.
- Responsible for developing bioreactors platforms for cell and gene therapies, and producer cell lines where appropriate.
- Responsible for helping to develop other key platforms in this area
- Responsible for building strong PD team that can do PD work directly with global customers
- Ph.D. in science discipline with a total of 20+ years of experience
- Senior Management level experience
- Senior Technical Leader in multiple disciplines of science for the Pharma / CRO business
- Deep experience in bioreactors and cell line development. Experience with vectors or vaccines preferred
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled