Position：Application Support Manager
Report Line：US Commercial Team Head
Location：Boston / Delaware
- Provide technical support for the product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources and escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings.
- May present technical and product information at trade shows and in customer field visits.
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects.
- Lead product trainings for internal employees
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise
· Requires a M.S. or Above degree in Immunology, Protein Chemistry or similar field.
· Preferred Qualifications: A PhD. or a PhD. with post-doctoral experience.
· 5+ years of laboratory experience in Immunoassay, or protein chemistry or other bioassay techniques required.
· Experience in an applied science area (i.e. antibody development, clinical research, ,diagnostics, etc) a plus
· Proven technical writing capabilities
· Presentation skills
· Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Problem-solving ability
· Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications
· Prior experience in customer service is desirable
Position：Lab Operation Director
- Leads and manages all operational functions involved in the production in alignment with business unit, divisional strategic and annual operating plans.
- Ensures that projects are completed within assigned budget targets and timelines are met or exceeded.
- Meets customer satisfaction objectives in the areas of order communication, on-time delivery, and installation as well as ongoing quality and reliability standards
- Reduce the risk and costs of overall projects by carefully analyzing the needs at the outset, by identifying risk factors, and providing mitigation strategies. Identified issues are to be addressed with the customer early in the project in a collaborative approach.
- Drives continuous improvement and productivity
- Leads the Operation to high levels of Operational Excellence, productivity, and inventory turnover through contemporary Lean Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management concepts
- Drives improvement in material costs through value engineering, supply base consolidation, and Low Cost Region sourcing
- Ensures the Operations Organization is a key participant and stakeholder in the New Product Development process, with the goal of development and on-time launch of high quality products that meet cost, feature, and quality objectives.
- Drives a strong safety culture and maintains EH&S policies and GMP&GLP procedures for the site
- Schedule testing to meet department and plant commitments.
- Troubleshoot test procedures and/or equipment when problems arise.
- Evaluate analytical results and determine conformance to specification; must be able to detect deviations and out of specifications events.
- Maintain instrumentation/equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s labeling and in-house audit and calibration procedures.
- Maintain working laboratory inventory, records and logs in accordance with procedures and GMP&GLP.
- Assist in training laboratory personnel on lab procedures and operations of instrumentation and equipment.
- Other laboratory functions as deemed necessary to support the business needs of the Company
- Being technical support for MSD instrument production and QC (Quality Control) testing processes
· 5+Experiences in one or more of the following: Immunology, Protein Chemistry or similar field.
· Ability to organize work effectively to meet scheduling commitments.
· Ability to troubleshoot problems with limited assistance.
· Must be flexible and able to work overtime
· Ability to interact with all departments and occasional contact with outside sources
· Knowledge of GMP GLP and ISO requirements
· Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required.
· Doctors degree in business, operations, or a scientific field. An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
· 8+ years of lab industry experience, preferably in portfolio management.
· Knowledge of laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience, or understanding of customer requirements in laboratory settings.
· Sales, marketing, or other commercial functional knowledge.
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation, and problem solving skills.
· Must demonstrate leadership and strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
Report Line：VP，CRO Project
Location：Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
- Assist VP of CRO Project to supervise the operation of the department, including hiring and training scientific staffs, setting up SOP for GLP facility and assure GLP compliance. Work with VP of CRO Project to meet the growth and needs of the company, responsible for training PIs and analysts within group, in both technical and compliance aspects;
- Establish and maintain business relationship with worldwide companies. Develop and maintain high level of scientific achievements for the company. Be expected to be point of contact for project coordination, including email and video/tele- conference with customers;
- Lead team to analyse large molecule samples from preclinical or clinical studies using immunoassays. Troubleshoot and provide ongoing advice to team members as needed. Draft study reports, including assay development report, validation report sample analysis report, etc
- Be required to effectively communicate and interface with business partners, internal Quality Assurance Unit and external regulatory authorities in order to fully comply with GLP regulations;
- Prepare, review or approval internal method development, validation and bioanalytical reports and present data to project team and management
· Experience with immunological techniques such as ELISA. Knowledge and/or experience with biologics pharmacokinetics (PK) assays and immunogenicity assays;
· Experience with writing/reviewing study reports and contributing to regulatory submissions;
· MS or PhD in biochemistry, biology, Pharmacology or related field, with 3-5 years working experience.
· Excellent communication and inter personal skills;
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project in particular.
Report Line：VP，CRO Project
Location：Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
- Monitor and assist project teams with multiple parallel projects;
- Coordinate resources across multiple departments and multiple groups;
- Guide Clients to understand project scope while limiting “mission-creep”;
- Act as the point of contact for Clients on assigned studies;
- Work with scientific personnel to develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders;
- Conduct kick-off meeting with stakeholders to assign duties/roles and set timelines;
- Author and deliver meeting minutes, progress reports and other ad hoc documents.
· Successful candidates will possess an advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline;
· Master’s Degree plus ≥ 2 years relevant industry experience or 1-year CRO experience;
· Bachelor’s Degree plus ≥ 5 years relevant industry experience or 5-year CRO experience.
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project in particular
- Lead the product development activities in the business unit, from concept through studies, and commercialization
- Translate business unit strategy into actionable R&D plans and manage the product portfolio to best meet strategic priorities.
- Liaise closely with marketing, product life cycle management, platform R&D, program management and program scientific leadership, to plan and implement timely development and introduction of high quality new products
- Drive the implementation of product changes to optimize product performance, quality and reliability, production efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure quality systems and product development processes are effectively maintained and in compliance with internal and external quality and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain a climate of creativity, initiative and innovation in the R&D teams
- Strengthen the R&D organization to grow the capability to effectively execute demanding development projects in selected areas of focus
- Develop R&D budgets and staffing requirements consistent with business unit objectives; assure maximum utilization and efficiency of all resources. Assemble, analyze and present R&D monthly financial and resource utilization metrics to senior leadership and follow-up upon request
- Lead efforts to promote the best environment for and utilization of assigned department members, including recruiting, training, professional development and performance management
· PhD in Life Science and a minimum of 10+ years of Senior level management experience within the life science and clinical diagnostic industry, specifically Immunology, Protein Chemistry or similar field.
· Strong team leadership and group management skills.
· Proven global Protein Chemistry experience
· Ability to leverage the R&D portfolio against strategy and lead the right product roadmap
· Must be a good team builder who can effectively and efficiently grow the organization to meet business goals
· A partnering, consultative and open manner is key to success in this role.
· Immunology, Protein Chemistry or similar field background preferred
· Minimum 10 years of experience in Protein production development, preferably in an international, inter-disciplinary environment. At least 5 years in a leadership role
· Proven track record for effectively driving large scale development initiatives and working effectively in highly matrixed, global organizations
· Strong business acumen and demonstrated leadership qualities, reflecting Thermo Fisher values, i.e., innovation, integrity, involvement and intensity
· Demonstrated skills in project management and a track record of driving execution and creating a high performance working environment
· Experience in intellectual property, invention disclosure and filing management
· Strong interpersonal skills; able to interface & influence effectively
· Ability to lead product development activites in a manner that develops individuals and promotes teamwork
· Effective, articulate and concise communication - written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with all organizational levels
Location：Boston / Delaware
- Provide strong strategic and commercial leadership to the sales specialists to ensure profitable growth and share gain
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with the business leaders and counter-parts in all ACRO commercial channels including corporate accounts
- Establish the sales, solutions development and implementation process including: strategy, deal reviews and implementation project plans and goals
- Work in close collaboration with Business Unit and Corporate functional teams in a matrix environment (marketing, key account management, financial shared services, IT, human resources)
- Working effectively with Marketing and Product Development on sales, marketing and product management plans and services organization on implementations and on selling and servicing support contracts
- Occasionally acting as a “player-coach” to close large, strategic deals for team of 3-5 territory managers across the US
- Ensure the sales team meets established goal tree items in the areas of bookings and revenue growth, profitability, expense control, free cash flow, process optimization, productivity, employee development, and customer satisfaction
- Manage inside sales team and managers to formulate effective strategies and processes for installed base expansion, aftermarket service growth and lead generation
- Produce and deliver the AOP for the commercial operations in line with agreed upon goals including establishment and control of expense budgets
- Focus on key/strategic customers to ensure the division achieves targeted growth objectives at all assigned strategic locations
- Develop and foster relationships to ensure continued program sponsorship through strategic account management and business changes
- Work with Business Development Project Managers to develop and approve solutions and pricing strategies
- Work with your team to establish formal mechanisms and communications for providing insightful feedback on customer trends and requirements for new service/product development
- Devise and implement consistent services salary and incentive plans in conjunction with the Commercial leader, the Human Resources team as well as drive the Human Resource Review process along with the annual Performance Management (PMD) & talent calibration processes
- Establish processes, communications and collaboration with the services inside sales organizations to ensure alignment of account strategies and early identification of expansion opportunities
· Strong leadership track record, which includes managing within a matrix environment along with the ability to inspire and lead others
· 10+Experiences selling protein or some related product to markets, such as pharmaceutical industry
· Laboratory experience preferred
· Superior track record of achieving and exceeding aggressive sales goals
· Strong leadership skills, particularly driving change in a complex, worldwide
· Experience and knowledge of services business solutions
· Familiarity with commercial operations and marketing tools to capture
· Ability to generate and maintain information to provide feedback on performance along with strong coaching and employee development skills
· Effective negotiating and influencing skills
· Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with customers, peers, and executive management
· Exceptional knowledge and skill selling large productions to Global 500 companies and the ability to coach others to be effective key account managers
· Demonstrate ACRO values
· Reflector style – able to learn from mistakes and always wants to achieve best possible performance
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to build and maintain processes and procedures while planning and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects
· Completer with resilience to ensure a desirable outcome is always achieved
· Advanced PC skills, especially in Microsoft Office products
Location：Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
- Lead a team of Bioanalytical scientists in immunoassay area to provide GLP-compliant service to work-class pharma and biopharma.
- Interact with clients in planning new projects and test procedures. Supervise laboratory staff. Draft study proposals and quotations in response to client requests
- Maintain good relationship with clients, make sure deliver data and report on time with good quality; Communicate project timelines, status, and data to Principle Investigator effectively addressing any issues that may arise;
- Supervise all projects to ensure compliance with GLP and other guidelines related to bioanalytical study and to satisfy client’s quality requirements;
- Participate the activities in the improvement quality and efficiency of CRO groups. Provide technical guidance and assay troubleshooting to the team, develop new technologies to maintain high level of scientific achievement for the company.
- Is responsible for allocation of bioanalytical resources to ensure assay timeline;
- Be responsible for performance management, recruitment, talent management, people/career development, people retention
· Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, immunology, biology or a related field
· Years of experience at least 5 years of industrial GLP bioanalytical experience, ideally within pharma and biotech, with at least 2 years of experience of managing skilled professional staff
· Familiar with pharmaceutical R&D process
· Hands-on experience on immunoassay development, validation, and sample analysis.
· Must be familiar with GLP regulations
· Be able to initiate innovative research in bioanalysis areas;
· Good organizational and communicational skills
· Proven ability of managing & developing people
· Good interpersonal communication skills; excellent oral and written English
ACROBiosystems is a leading manufacturer of recombinant proteins. We provide high quality protein reagents to the pharmaceutical research community. ACROBiosystems currently has an open position of Customer Service Specialist at its San Jose site.
Job Summary :
The Customer Service Specialist ensures that all customer needs are promptly addressed by responding to customers’ requests, orders, questions and concerns in a timely and accurate manner, while exercising the highest level of service and quality.
Qualified candidates for this position must have a passion for excellence, outstanding communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to readily build relationships over the phone. Additionally, a qualified candidate must be quality focused, an effective team player and be motivated to achieve a rewarding career within the organization.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Receive inbound calls and respond to calls as appropriate
- Take care of online chat system during designated hours
- Promptly resolve customer service issues to the customer’s satisfaction per company procedures and standards
- Create and maintain customer accounts in database
- Perform administrative duties, reports and special projects associated with Customer Support
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Impeccable attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
- Innovative problem solver, results minded and solution focused
- Effective team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Proficient in MS Office
San Jose, California, United States
ACROBiosystems is an internationally recognized research reagent manufacturer. The company focuses on providing research reagents and solutions to pharmaceutical companies. ACROBiosystems has research facilities and offices in both the United States and in China, and currently has open position of Technical Support Scientist/Application Scientist in Wilmington Delaware.
The individual will represent the technical arm of the sales and BD team. The primary responsibility will be providing timely technical support to the customers in North America and Europe. The main customers are research scientists from pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, CROs, clinical laboratories, and academic labs.
The position is responsible for providing technical support, ranging from answering basic product-related questions to offering comprehensive tech solution. The position will be playing an important role in building and maintaining customer relationship.
The position will routinely work with the laboratory team members and the product managers to build better products/solutions for the clients.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Provide timely support to the customers through email, phone calls, and visits.
- Work closely with the sales team and the product team to identify customer need and sales opportunities.
- Work with the sales team and the CS team to improve overall customer experience.
- Work with the laboratory members to develop better solutions for service customers.
- Attend tradeshows, both local and international, and networking events as necessary.
- Ability to travel within the territory 10% of the time.
- A Ph. D. degree of biomedical disciplines from an US research institution is required.
- Have a good understanding of the current landscape of biologic drug discovery and relevant technologies.
- Relevant working experience is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong Communication Skills.